Reishi mushrooms are a popular fungus used in Eastern medicine. Reishi mushrooms have previously been found to contain properties that boost the immune system, have anti-cancer properties, and may fight fatigue and depression. Furthermore reishi mushrooms might benefit heart health and blood sugar control however more research is needed to confirm.
- The in vitro (mouse liver and prostate tissue) evidence suggests that reishi mushroom extract can reduce DHT through inhibition of type 1 and type 2 5α-reductase; however, this has not been reproduced in human tissue.
- The in vivo (in mice) evidence suggests that reishi mushroom extract was able to reduce 5α-reductase ability in testosterone-treated mice. However, it did not significantly enhance hair length over the course of the study.
- The half life of reishi mushroom is 40 minutes, to bypass this rapid elimination it is best to apply it topically.
- There have been no clinical studies to show any effect of reishi mushroom on hair loss.
- Our experience tracking members: Reishi mushroom by itself is not enough to improve hair loss outcomes